Friday, July 24, 2009

I Love Stock Photos!

I work for a company that makes computer training courses. Sometimes, my job is to sometimes create/find graphics for the latest "General Lightbulb Co.: Sexual Harassment Policy" course or whatever the new compulsory businessland training du jour is.

Usually the client will request something like "please put a picture of an old woman here" or something equally vague. It's then when I get to turn to my ultimate bag of tricks - STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY!

If you are unaware, stock photography is an industry dedicated to creating millions of photographs that are just ambiguous enough in subject matter to be used and purchased for pretty much anything.

That last query was real, and here's some of the gems I dredged up:
I think this photo was put out there to quell all those requests for erotic old lady stock photos. Success?I believe this is from their "Florida Retirees on the Edge of Death" series.This picture reflects the tragedy of senior dementia.
My favorite senior model returns for a "gonna fuck you up" series.

No comments:

Post a Comment